We Cannot Accept Any Prescription Requests Over The Phone.
We ask that all prescription requests are made out in writing for safety reasons, under no circumstance will prescription requests be taken over the phone.
There are a number of different ways that you can request a repeat prescription:
- You can request repeat prescriptions online, however, you will need to register to access this service. You can do this by completing an application form at the surgery. Details of how to register online will be sent to you.
- You can email your requests to [email protected]
- You can write us a letter, please ensure if writing us a letter of any kind you clearly state your full name and date of birth in the letter.
- We have a form at reception you can fill out to request your repeat prescription.
- Alternatively you can fill out your repeat prescription slip and place it in our grey prescription box located in our porch at Church Avenue.
We urge patients to request their repeat medication in good time so that you do not run out of medication while your repeat prescription request is being processed.
48 hours ( two working days) is required before your prescription will be ready to collect. E.G. if you request a prescription on a Friday it will not be ready until Tuesday. Please note this may vary due to bank holidays.
If you are unable to collect your medication, your nominated pharmacy can deliver medication for you, however, you must request this with them.
If you require your medication to be delivered to you, you will need to arrange this with your chosen pharmacy.
Going Abroad For Long Periods Of Time
The NHS accepts responsibility for supplying ongoing medication for temporary periods abroad for up to 3 months. If a patient is going to be abroad for more than 3 months then all the patient is entitled to at NHS expense is a sufficient supply of his/her regular medication to get to the destination and find an alternative supply of that medication.